Last Updated: 22 September 2020
Imam Connect Ltd (‘ImamConnect’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws, including the Privacy Statutes under the Laws of England and the EU General Data Protect Regulation (“GDPR”).
- your name;
- identification details;
- residential address;
- telephone number;
- email address; and
- credit/debit card details.
Capitalized terms, unless otherwise defined, have the meaning specified below:-
“Affiliate” means any related or associate company of ImamConnect including their successors, assigns, employees and agents.
“Charges” means all service charges, fees, cost of products, subscriptions, administrative charges and other fees to be paid by you for or relating to the Imam Services or Other Services. The Charges will be in accordance with the rates as contained in the Website.
“Imam Services” means a range of professional services and products related to the learnings of Islamic scriptures and syllabuses that are performed in each and every case by Independent Professionals.
“Independent Professional” means independent self-employed professionals identified by ImamConnect to provide the Imam Services.
“Network” means all networks owned, maintained or operated by, and/or leased or licensed to a telecommunication service provider through which we provide the Services, the Imam Services and the Other Services.
“Other Services” means such other product and services offered and provided by the Other Services Providers on the Website.
“Other Services Providers” means our partners and affiliates and our third party services providers which provides the Other Services.
“Regulatory Authority” means such authority which governs the provision of the Imam Services or the Other Services, its successors and/or assigns in any jurisdiction.
“Services” means the booking and purchase platform provided by ImamConnect for the Imam Services and the Other Services.
“Taxes” means any and all taxes, goods and services tax, duties, levies and other similar charges imposed under any laws of England in respect of the provision of the Imam Services and Other Services or on any Charges or payment due from or payable by you to us.
“Unauthorised Acts” means any tampering, modification, removal, destruction and/or damage of or to the Website, unauthorised connection to the Website, including without limitation, such connections that cause interruption, disruption, congestion in and to the Website, Network or any third party’s networks or systems, or use of the Website for a purpose other than that of the reception of the Imam Services and Other Services according to the Legal Terms.
“Website” means the website www.imamconnect.com or any other website set up by us as the platform for you to register for, book, pay for and access the Imam Services and Other Services.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for the Imam Services and/or the Other Services, you agree and consent to ImamConnect (including its related corporations and business units, partners and affiliates), as well as our and their respective representatives and/or agents collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Information.
We may also share your information with our business partners to offer you certain services at your request.
For the purpose of GDPR and other applicable data protection laws, we are the data controller. Our data protection officer can be contacted at he********@im*********.com.
Collection of Personal Information
- ImamConnect collects, uses and discloses Personal Information so as to comply with laws, rules and regulations imposed upon it as well as in order to provide you with a smooth, efficient and customised experience using the Imam Services and/or the Other Services. The collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information enables us, our partners and affiliates and our third party services providers to provide services and products that are most likely to meet your needs and requirements.
- Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:-
- when you submit your registration or booking for the Imam Services or any of the Other Services;
- when you interact with our customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, emails or social media;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Information;
- You shall ensure that all Personal Information submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Services, the Imam Services and /or the Other Services you may have requested.
Storage of Information
- The Personal Information and other data we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and stored in our servers or the servers of our partners, affiliates and third party services providers.
- We understand that encryption can be an appropriate technical measure to ensure that we process personal data securely. We have an appropriate policy in place governing our use of encryption.
- We ensure that we educate our staff on the use and importance of encryption.
- We have assessed the nature and scope of our processing activities and have implemented encryption solution(s) to protect the personal data we store and/or transmit.
- We understand the residual risks that remain, even after we have implemented our encryption solution(s).
- We ensure that we keep our encryption solution(s) under review in the light of technological developments.
- We have considered the types of processing we undertake, and whether encryption can be used in this processing.
- All payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential and not to share your password with any third party.
Usage of Information
- ImamConnect will not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties.
- ImamConnect will use Personal Information and other data collected to provide you with the Imam Services or the Other Services, to continually improve the Services, the Imam Services or the Other Services and to contact you in relation to the Imam Services and the Other Services, to provide customer support and to provide you with timely notice of new products and services and special offers.
- From time to time, we may also make use of your Personal Information to contact you for feedback on your use of Imam Services and/or the Other Services provided to assist us in improving the said Imam Services and the Other Services or to offer special savings or promotions to you, where you have indicated your consent to receiving such communications. If you would prefer not to receive notices of special savings or promotions, you may simply opt-out from receiving them by replying to us through the hyperlink provided in such notices.
- We may also use your Personal Information for the following purposes:-
- to respond to your queries and requests;
- to manage our administrative and business operations and complying with Regulatory Authorities and internal policies and procedures;
- to resolve complaints and handle requests and enquiries;
- to prevent, detect and investigate crime and analyse and manage any commercial risks;
- to monitor or record phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training, performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- to conduct investigations relating to disputes, billing, suspected illegal activities or fraud;
- to meet or comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on us (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations); and
- for any other purpose which we may notify you at the time of obtaining your consent.
- If you have provided your telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your telephone number(s), we may, from time to time, contact you using such telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our products and services or those products and services offered by our partners and affiliates and third party services providers (including discounts and special offers). You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication. To do so, you may contact us at he********@im*********.com.
Disclosure of Information
- to successfully complete your registration and/or purchase of the Imam Services and/or the Other Services;
- to our third party service providers, which we engage amongst others for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service;
- ImamConnect may be legally required to disclose your Personal Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our rights; (d) necessary to protect us and our employees from legal action or claims from third parties; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of ImamConnect and employees, and affiliates.
- to our advisors, agencies or other parties concerned in order to protect the rights and property of ImamConnect and our employees.
- In case of a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, or other corporate reorganization or restructuring of our corporation, your Personal Information may be disclosed, shared or transferred to the new controlling entity or its authorised third party for carrying on our business.
- In any other case, to any third parties with your prior written consent (and in which case we will make it possible for you to withdraw your consent as easily as it was to provide consent).
- You understand that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website.
- Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of our and/or your home country and outside of the European Union, for the abovementioned purposes. If such transfer takes place to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection, ImamConnect will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place.
- We do not intend to abuse, exploit or misuse any of the personal information provided by our users. All of our users’ rights are reserved under the applicable laws.
- The Website uses “Cookies” to identify the areas of the Website that you have visited. A Cookie is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. Enabling cookies on the Website will allow the Website to function properly. Conversely, if you disable cookies on the Website, you may not be able to experience the full functionality of the Website.
- We never place Personally Identifiable Information in Cookies.
- By proceeding without changing your settings, you agree to receive all cookies and other data collection tools. However, if you do not accept the use of these cookies, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
- We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered the Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you’re headed when you leave the Website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve the Website.
Changing Your Information
- You may at all times access, correct or erase your Personal Information by sending your request by email to he********@im*********.com.
- Where mandatory under applicable legislation, you may also request restriction of processing of your Personal Information or object to processing by sending your request or objection by email to he********@im*********.com, You may also request a copy of the information that we hold about you by sending your request by email to he********@im*********.com.
- When handling a data access or correction request, we have the right to check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person entitled to make the data access or correction request.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this website and the Imam Services and/or Other Services shall be governed and construed by the laws and courts of England.